Stones at Cava Usai Installation


Progress continues at Cava Usai as the garland expands and grows. I have decided to nurture it with local foliage and flowers symbolic of the colours and beauty of the site. 
I have also added a spiral of stones that lead to the sea as that is where it will eventually reside as the months roll by.
The public have been very respectful of the installation where only  few pieces have been displaced and while I work on it I can see shy passers by looking at my work in progress and hang around until I leave to go take a closer look.
The spiral to the sea has been slightly reassembled but mainly untouched. The larger stones are very inviting for those holiday makers that "need" them to keep their beach umbrellas up!
Still in awe about this wonderful experience that has shown how respect for the environment can be negotiated though hard work and enthusiasm.

it now measures 1.90cm and 85 stones lead down to the sea.






Comments

Popular Posts